



I can still feel the buzz on my finger tips when I think about my March nettle adventures. Just as captivating as our local blackberries are the spinster nettle sisters. Every year she shoots up in the same spots uphill from the stream. There I go with my paper bags, scissors and gloves to harvest tender nettle tops. Green Nettle energy is wild and magnificent! Some we steamed and made into pesto, mixed with chard in quiche, added to pancake mix in the blender, infused in cold water, froze and hung out of the sun to dry.
Use nettle leaves and stalks as an everyday nourisher, an energetic changer, a marvelous kidney/adrenal ally, a digestive restorative, a respiratory strengthener, an ally for women, a hair and skin nourisher and a prompt hemostatic. Susun Weed, Healing Wise
Nettles have been quite a playful friend and an inspirational in my kitchen. I am excited to meet my next herbal ally this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment