Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Cup of Nectar
Mazel Tov, to my cleansing partner, Jen! I feel to proud to have embarked upon this journey with you. What a glow your eminating, as we sip on our nourishing herbal teas before our lucious salads arrive. We talk of raw food recipes, salad dressings and walking. How amazing it feels to fully taste and digest each morsel of food and not feel tired after a meal. Why we eat off our kids plates, munch while standing and during meal preparation. Although not this past month as we've been cleansing. What does it mean to be fully conscious during eating? Take a look a Nourished Hearts recommended reading list. It reminds me of my life long challenge with food and my emotions. There is something deeper here to re-examine.
A little nervous to go back to a post cleanse diet. We are loving the pounds we shed and the the clarity we feel. It will be a challenge over the next month (and forever) to sustain this amazing change in our eating and thinking. I know I am not cut out to be a raw food person, my constituion needs lots of warm food to sustain my fire for the damp cool seasons ahead.
My gosh it's been 5 weeks since I've kicked caffeine, not that I haven't thought about it. But with supportive friends like, Jen, to check in with, I know it will only be a positive step in health for me and my family. In one month of cleansing I have already a noticed a change in how I am food shopping for my family and being conscious of whole foods. However, I feel really lucky, because my kiddos love veggies and fruit. Caleb prefers his kale raw and on its stick! Maybe, he will name his daughter Kale one day. hee hee hee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment