Thursday, April 24, 2008

early springtime picnics





Picnics are such a treat with the littles. Preparing for the outing can be half the fun. I pretend to be Frances's Mama as we pack the our picnic basket with the most savory of treats. These our some of our best family days. It's so essential for us to have a few days a week where we don't drive into the village for errands, shopping, consuming whatever.

Here we are in our extended backyard (a few miles from home) at our stunning nature spot along the river, where we relax with each other and the birds. Sometimes C pretends to fish or we do some art and make play things with the healing river stones. Days like these truly nurture our spirits.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Papa and Momma said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! I feel like I am right next to you, and enjoying your picnic with you!

village mama said...

great pics! We too love/thrive on picnics.