Spring is just around the corner, can you hear the birds singing their sweet tunes? We've already had a number of days weeding in our zen garden aka placenta garden. The kiddos were in heaven, although it sometimes takes, Cake Cake, some convincing to get his hands dirty. We both have a thing for garden gloves, but his are so hard to keep track of. But dont you see I'm barefoot son, I am feeling it.
Anyways back to our garden plot ....I am feeling like my little family is ready for a very small garden. Especially as the littles show such enthusiasm and Caleb's digging abilities, wow! Although, we are proud shareholders at the outstanding , Redwood Roots Farm, CSA. Where we can pick sturdy greens in the winter months and receive a weekly supply of veggies, u-pick berries, flowers, herbs and the good good vibes from Farmer Janet. Furthermore, our beautiful Caleb made the cover of their brochure this year. Okay, our garden of eden, yes, I've received a bit of inspiration of a tiny gem of a book, Echoes of a Dream. A Waldorf crafty book, that I think I purchased for the second time at the second hand store, bc it's so darn simple and to the point. I'm excited to draw the map out with symbols, pathways, ect on a large poster board to be hung near our garden tools. The entire layout is only 3 1/2' x 3 1/2' so this all seems manageable in my already fenced in garden where our red raspberries and compost live.
So we will grow six main plants -
Carrots, Spinach, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Sunflower and Strawberries
All grow easily and can be eaten raw.
Companion Plants too-
Calendula,Marigolds,Nasturtium,Parsley,Thyme,Mint,
2 comments:
Such lovely garden inspiration. May I suggest snap peas? We've grown them in the past and how much fun to snap and munch! We have lots of extra starts from the seed we started a few weeks ago.
oui, oui, we would very much like that very much. a good precursor to the children's garden and some bamboo poles for teepees! c, wants one for bird watching in.
Post a Comment